Bright Sun Desert 35W mini (par 20) – 6.000K
Research and tests by Lucky Reptile have shown that reptiles from desert regions prefer a daylight spectrum with a colour temperature of about 6000K. Consequently this has been considered when developing the Bright Sun UV Desert. The animals welcome the bright white light and the lamp offers everything desert reptiles need. Heat, UV output and the light intensity have been balanced in a way that allows for optimal results in the different terrarium types with the available wattages.
Our distance graphs help you to choose the right model for your terrarium.
Metal Halide Lighting
Lucky Reptile was the first to market metal halide lamps that are especially developed for reptiles. The revolutionary Bright Sun lamps offer all what reptiles need: heat, UV and a lot of light. In their characteristics, Bright Sun lamps come very close to the sun.
In nature, a light intensity of 100.000 lux and more can be measured on a sunny day. Especially for desert species, a high light intensity is beneficial for the well-being and will influence activity and colours of the animals. With the Lucky Reptile Bright Sun lamps it is possible to achieve natural light intensities inside the vivarium. No other reptile lamp achieves higher light intensities or can even remotely match the sun. Mercury vapour UV lamps with 160W which can often be found on the market only achieve a mere 10.000 lux at 30 cm distance. With its mere 70W, a Bright Sun UV Desert reaches 60.000 lux and offers a heat and UV output comparable to the 160W mercury vapour lamp!
The reason for this high light output is the energy efficiency of the Bright Sun. Most of the energy is converted into light, while with incandescent lamps turn 95% of the input power into heat. With the Bright Sun, an effective reflector construction ensures that almost all created heat is concentrated inside the light focus. The lamp is therefore able to create warm basking areas comparable to regular spot lamps of the same wattage. Thanks to a big selection of wattages and different reflector types, the Bright Sun family is suitable for all vivariums from 30x30x30 cm and up. For operating the Bright Sun, lamps, special ballasts as well as suitable cables and lampholders are necessary. Lucky Reptile offers sophisticated Plug and Play systems which are easy to use and install. The average life is 6000h, however, the UV performance and the general light output degrade over time. After 3500 hours, the UV performance is reduced by approximately 50%. We therefore recommend changing lamps every 12 months to always provide the optimum UV levels for your animals. This recommendation is based on a daily use of 8 hours. Shorter daily operating hours will increase the usage time. A 12 months warranty applies on the Bright Sun lamps. Please note that the ballast has a significant influence on lamp life and on the lamp spectrum. It is possible for the spectrum (and therefore the UV output) to vary greatly between different brands of ballasts. Lucky Reptile can only guarantee the proper function and sufficient UV provision for its own products that have been designed to match each other perfectly and are under continuous quality control.
- The first start of the HID Lucky Reptile should take a minimum of 2 hours continuously because the lamp must properly ignite and stabilize, thus avoiding future lamp damage.
- Premature switching off of HID Lucky Reptile during the first start may destroy the bulb.
- Changes to the lamp, ballasts or other system components should only be carried out after disconnecting the system from the power supply.
- HID Lucky Reptile lamp is designed to work only with the appropriate electronic ballast (ballast). We recommend using OSRAM, PHILIPS and TRIDONIC products we offer.
- If the ballast was delivered with a protective foil, the foil must be removed before use.
- Please do not install the HID lamp next to flammable products.
- Please ensure adequate ventilation. Never cover the lamp and ballast.
- Use ceramic holders that show stable operation at high temperatures.
- If you notice irregular operation of the lamp, remove it immediately.
- To ensure adequate quality of UV emissions, the recommended maximum continuous lamp life is approximately 12 to 14 months under normal use (8-12 hours per day). Over time, the use of HID Lucky Reptile reduces the efficiency of UVB radiation, which is normal for this type of lamp.